- First name
- Date of Birth
- Medicare card number (10 digits long)
- Gender (for DVA invoices)
- Health Fund
- Alternative Names
NOTE – changing patient details affects all invoices for that patient.
- Individual Reference Number (IRN)
When you enter the Family Name and First Name, Cutting Edge automatically checks for duplicate entries and a message is displayed if any are found.
- If you find the patient's details are already available, click Same and the new invoice will be linked with other invoices for that patient.
- If this is a different patient, click New and provide the details of the patient.
Once the details are entered, the software will verify the Medicare number and (if supplied) the Health Fund number. If you do not have the required details, there is no way to retrieve these electronically; you will need to get these from the patient, relative, Health Fund or hospital.
Address details are not required for online claiming, but you may wish to fill in the box for your records.