The following information is required:
- Code – three letters or numbers (or a combination), created by you
- Hospital Name, Address details, Contact information
- Select the Facility Type from a drop-down list. This affects electronic claims and fee calculation.
- Hospital Provider Number
- Doctor Provider Number
- LSPN (required for some diagnostic items e.g. 55130 or 55135 for Transoesophageal Echography)
IF YOU HAVE A NEW PROVIDER NUMBER FOR THIS SITE you will need to complete an Online Claiming Banking Details form and send it to Medicare, so the new provider number is properly linked up.
- When entering the first few letters of the Hospital Name, a drop-down list of facilities will appear. Clicking on the selected Facility will auto-enter the address details, code and provider numbers. You can change the code if desired.
- If you have more than one Doctor Provider Number, you can enter the specific one for each of your Facilities
- Do not edit the Hospital Provider Number unless you have a good reason. It is how the Facility is known to Medicare and Health Funds.